Some of My Creations...

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My New Treasures....


Happy Tuesday!!! These are my New 'babies'.....They are sooo beautiful and sweet!
These antique German heads were dug up out of the ground where old doll factories
used to exist in Germany.....they still have some dirt on them....here is a link to a blog
about just one of the gentleman that does this.....the artist has pics of him in the ground.
The gentleman in the pics is the same gentleman my Mother had purchased doll parts from
about 8yrs ago..(he sent her pics also)....A very interesting Man and a very interesting
story of how these doll parts are obtained..........
http://lemoncholys.blogspot.com/2008/06/german-dolls.html

Meanwhile....here is a peek at how I've been giving 'New' life to these sweeet babies!............This is Alice~~~the letter 'A' was what stood out on the paper inside of the box.......Kinda like a secret.......Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Virginia, I love this post, thanks for sharing it with all of us. I think these antique frozen Charlotte dolls and heads are adorable. I've always wondered why so many are broken, now I know why.
    Your Alice keepsake box is lovely!
    Blessings ~Mary~ :-}

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the doll heads Virginia!
    They are getting to be so pricey these days, whew!
    Thanks for finding me...it's what led me back to you and I have tell you, your blog is too cute!
    Thanks also for listing my button on your sidebar...together you and I can help many other new bloggers too! woooo hoooo! Thank you!!!!
    :)))))
    You are putting those doll heads to fabulous uses...that box is precious! :)

    ReplyDelete