Some of My Creations...

Monday, August 1, 2011

Feeling Hauntingly Witchy

I have been feeling in the mood for Ghost stories,some Witch spells, and the magic of Wizards...I was lucky enough to have bestowed upon me some Matt board pieces in many different colors,and while going through my new stash I came across this Grayish Lavender color,which inspired me right away(as if the Grey Lady whispered into my ear),..to create a Board book keeping with this color theme and using some of my favorite techniques,vintage trims,and unique images....
this is the cover,which i did some fun stamping,added an image from an antique book I own,added a little gold embossing,a few words from an old dictionary,then decided I needed a Haunting,Ghostly image...to be framed,but wanted a look that was textured,old,grungy,and 'Damaged' from age,use,fire or weather...I LuV doing transfers,but being inspiration hit me at Night,not having the "proper" materials for an image transfer,and then the image itself being an ink jet image,I was a little limited...But I played with around and "accidentally" got lucky with the look I was trying to achieve(mind you,trying for 'Damaged' is more difficult than it seems)...
Here what I used...clear packing tape,
ink jet image of wedding couple,
a paint brush wet with water,
and a butter knife...
I added image to tape,ran wet paint brush over back of image,then scraped "Gently" with butter knife to remove paper in parts(careful not to wet the ink),then took my inked up dauber and ran it over some of the "empty spots" of image.
I used a Spray Adhesive to attach transfer to some handmade,distressed paper.
I have to admit,I have not tried this same process again,but I will tonight!
Here is the back of my Board book with a "Contact Paper" transfer that I learned from a very Cool "ATC Tutorial" by Lesley Venable,over at the Art of Altering,(Please see the badge at left)...
this is a Great Group and I'm a BiG Fan of Lesley's.
Hope to See you there!

Thanks for stopping by..:)~~virginia


No comments:

Post a Comment